All senior leaders of Punjab unit of Aam Aadmi Party(AAP) today asked the party convener and Delhi Chief Chief Minister to immediately throw Sucha Singh Chhotepur, convener of Punjab unit party out of party.
Leaders from state unit of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) have asked national convener Arvind Kejriwal to expel state unit chief Sucha Singh Chhotepur from the party, reacting to a reported video sting operation that shows him allegedly accepting a cash packet from a man. A letter to this effect has been sent to Kejriwal, text of which was released by the party’s media cell.
This came just after Chhotepur announced on his Facebook page and Twitter account that he will hold a press conference on Friday to “bring out the truth in front of the people of Punjab”, and said that “some colleagues in the party have resorted to dirty deeds to tarnish my reputation”.
The letter’s typed version — issued by the party’s media wing — listed 21 names, including MPs Sadhu Singh and Bhagwant Mann, senior leader HS Phoolka, legal wing chief Himmat Singh Shergill, spokesperson Sukhpal Singh Khaira and Yamini Gomar, youth wing chief Harjot Singh Bains, women wing chief Baljinder Kaur, and others.
The full text of the letter is as under :
Arvind Kejriwal Ji (National Convenor) & Political Affairs Committee
Aam Aadmi Party
Sub: Corruption of Sucha Singh Chhotepur, Conevenor of Aam Aadmi Party Punjab.
AAP was born out of an ‘ANDOLAN’ against corruption. Corruption is the root cause of all problems in India and AAP is the only hope for crores of people of India. Millions of Indians associated themselves with AAP, made huge personal sacrifices; worked day and nightto fuel this revolution and transform AAP into a formidable political force of India, which has set fears in minds of all corrupt political parties.
Even in Punjab, all citizens of state truly believe AAP is the right option to root out corrupt SAD and Congress, the same is also reflected in every independent and objective survey. All of us as volunteers put our blood and sweat since formation of party to work towards corruption free society; nevertheless, we are highly upset and disappointed to see media reports in regards to acceptance of bribe by State Convenor S. Sucha Singh Chhotepur. For past few weeks there had been whispers across Punjab about his conduct and practices but his confession in an interview with Hindustan Times and also to some party leaders demands an immediate action by Political Affairs Committee of Party. Such an event by convenor of a party formed to eradicate these practices, not only affects us morally but also emotionally. Our party’s principles of zero tolerance towards corruption must be followed and such a corrupt person must be immediately removed; especially, someone who is entrusted to lead hundreds of thousands of volunteers and state leaders.
The leadership and the volunteers of AAP Punjab urge to sack present convenor Mr. Sucha Singh Chhotepur without any delay and to replace him with an honest person to take this movement forward.
1. Prof. Sadhu Singh, MP Faridkot
2. Bhagwant Mann, MP Sangrur
3. Advocate H.S. Phoolka
4. Himmat Singh Shergill, President Legal Cell
5. Sukhpal Singh Khaira, Spokesperson and Head RTI Wing
6. Yamini Gomar, Spokesperson & Member National Executive
7. Harjot Singh Bains, President Youth Wing Punjab & Member National Executive
8. Kultar Singh Sandhwan, Spokesperson
9. Gurpreet Singh Ghuggi
10. Prof. Baljinder Kaur, President Women Wing
11. Capt. G.S. Kang, President Farmer and Labour Wing
12. R.R Bhardwaj, Head Intellectual Wing
13. Jagtar Singh Sanghera, Head NRI Wing
14. Capt. Bikramjit Singh, Head Ex. Serviceman Wing
15. Dev Mann, President SC/ST Wing
16. Karanvir Singh Tiwana, Member Campaign Committee
17. Jasbir Singh Bir, Head Administrative and Grievance Cell
18. Jasvir Singh Jassi Sekhon, Member Political Review Committee
19. Aman Arora, Head Trade, Transport and Industry Wing
20. H.S. Adaltiwala, President OBC Wing
21. Parminder Singh Goldy, Incharge CYSS
Video: ABP Sanjha